I LOVE this time of year!! One of my favorite activities is putting up the tree! Well, this year we are spending Christmas & New Years in Guatemala with my parents, sister & her family, and my youngest brother so we weren't sure how the whole Christmas tree thing would work for us this year. I was up for our annular live-tree hunt, Wayne thought we didn't need a tree at all, so we agreed on getting an artificial tree this year that we could then keep as the "extra" tree or the "tree-that-Mom-gets-to-decorate-&-no one-touches" in future years. I have to say (to all of you out there who don't believe in FAKE trees, myself included) that there are some pluses to having an artificial tree, such as: No falling needles, no watering (which, if you're like me also involves spilling and getting poked and prodded by branches), you can make it as full or as not-full as you want (according to how you arrange and separate the branches) and the lights are already strung nice and evenly as soon as you put it up. So there you go...I can't say that I'm totally converted and I do plan to "go live" again next year...there's just something about the whole experience of going to a tree farm and cutting down you're own tree that is definitely irreplaceable! "LAND HO" (inside family joke). Well, I guess I've rambled on long enough now...to those of you who are reading this, thanks for not giving up on me & my blog...I know it's been a LONG time since I've posted. Love ya'll and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
O Christmas Tree...
I LOVE this time of year!! One of my favorite activities is putting up the tree! Well, this year we are spending Christmas & New Years in Guatemala with my parents, sister & her family, and my youngest brother so we weren't sure how the whole Christmas tree thing would work for us this year. I was up for our annular live-tree hunt, Wayne thought we didn't need a tree at all, so we agreed on getting an artificial tree this year that we could then keep as the "extra" tree or the "tree-that-Mom-gets-to-decorate-&-no one-touches" in future years. I have to say (to all of you out there who don't believe in FAKE trees, myself included) that there are some pluses to having an artificial tree, such as: No falling needles, no watering (which, if you're like me also involves spilling and getting poked and prodded by branches), you can make it as full or as not-full as you want (according to how you arrange and separate the branches) and the lights are already strung nice and evenly as soon as you put it up. So there you go...I can't say that I'm totally converted and I do plan to "go live" again next year...there's just something about the whole experience of going to a tree farm and cutting down you're own tree that is definitely irreplaceable! "LAND HO" (inside family joke). Well, I guess I've rambled on long enough now...to those of you who are reading this, thanks for not giving up on me & my blog...I know it's been a LONG time since I've posted. Love ya'll and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have 2 artificial trees up in my house. I much prefer live trees but both trees have sentimental meaning to me and I'm sure they'll still be up for years to come.
Have a great time in Guatemala! I wish I could fit in your suitcase.
I have 3 artifical trees. We just love decorating. I myself have never had a real tree but I think next year we might get one to add to the decor of the house. Hope you have a great time in Guatemala!!
Post a Comment