Friday, June 27, 2008

Sharpie wall art...

An artist is born! Zachary somehow found a black Sharpie marker (how, i don't know...those are usually kept up so high that I have to get a chair to reach them!?) and proceeded to draw "lovely" designs all over his bedroom door, the wall (in multiple places) and even on the sofa!! When we found him he was quite pleased with himself and took us around, like we were on a tour at a gallery, and showed us all of the places where he left his mark. Ahhh, the joys of 2 year olds!!




5 comments:

Karin Hopkins said...

Two words....Magic Eraser. Well, not for the sofa but it should take care of the wall and door hopefully. Two year olds are just trouble!

Erika said...

Yikes! I've heard banana peel takes Sharpie out. What other mess you'll have to deal with once you use the banana peel, I don't know! You win the award for the most patient mom EVER! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wowzers. How fun is that?? Good luck cleaning it up! Although there is such thing as a nice can of paint!

Trisha said...

That is too funny! To get the marker off the walls and door spray a little Lysol on it and let it sit a minute or two. Then, use a sponge to rub it off. you might need to repeat the process one or two times, but I use lysol on so many things to get stains out. You can even use the Shout Advance Heavy Duty spray too. It should work on your couch as well and shouldn't bleach it out. I use this on all our carpets and area rugs, and it has taken everything out. i may even try it out on the old spots on the carpet in this new place.
I just love reading about your family adventures!

Celestia said...

Abram did that upstairs at my parents house when he was two as well! He recently colored his feet in permanent marker on the top of the washing machine too.