Saturday, December 26, 2009

Rolling pins, bullets, beads and books...

this month has kept me busy with many different things...Christmas things you're probably thinking, and yes, i was busy with all of the hustle and bustle the season typically brings. but there have been some unexpected things that have occupied great deals of my time (both before, during and after Christmas) including a rolling pin, bullets, beads and books...i'll explain:
Rollings pins...i swear i feel like i've had a rolling pin in my hands so frequently lately that i could roll out anything!? Some of what i've rolled this month include, tortillas, sugar cookie dough (multiple times) and rolls. all yummy. sore triceps.
Bullets...zach was gifted two large nerf guns (with nerf bullets/darts) and each of the kids (minus jayne) were given a small nerf gun (single shot) in their stockings...nice. i have been finding nerf bullets ALL over the house in places you wouldn't even expect. the dog LOVES to eat them, jayne puts them in her mouth too (lovely) and EVERYONE, including wayne aka RAMBO loves playing with them! awesome.
Beads...one word, pixos.
Books...i haven't been this enthralled since the Twilight series! i have been reading the Hunger Games series (Suzanne Collins)...GREAT books, worst month to have opened them. they have been the cause of LATE wrapping nights this month since i spent too much time reading instead of wrapping. o well, worth it!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

The nerf guns and bullets are killing me too. I didn't get them for the kids though. Grandparents and Aunts do that because they think my boys are deprived. Not sure if Brent likes them more or if the boys do.

Kimberly said...

I read those books about a month ago and I know what you mean nothing got done at my house, and I mean nothing (but I can do that sine my baby is 17), They were great but I hate that we are going to have to wait to find out what happens, I hope the next one comes out soon. Thanks for the christmas card, your kids are so cute.