OK...this year, for some CRAZY reason, I decided to make Maya's costume since she wanted to be a cowgirl and I wasn't liking the ones I saw in the stores. I bought the fabric and notions back in August but of course, being the procrastinator that I unfortunately am, didn't start the project until mid October. Wayne asked me last Thursday how much longer I thought I needed to finish her costume and I told him I could stitch it up and be done within a couple of hours...well, nearly 8 hours later, two trips to JoAnn's and practically an all-nighter (with Maya I might add) I finally finished her costume. I am happy to report that it actually turned out OK and she sure looks cute in it! Syd and Zach just got the store bought costumes this year (much cheaper and a lot less headache) and look darling as well! Gotta love Halloween! I'll just be glad once the candy is out of the house...i think part of my headache is related to an increase in my sugar intake!?
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Halloween Costumes...
OK...this year, for some CRAZY reason, I decided to make Maya's costume since she wanted to be a cowgirl and I wasn't liking the ones I saw in the stores. I bought the fabric and notions back in August but of course, being the procrastinator that I unfortunately am, didn't start the project until mid October. Wayne asked me last Thursday how much longer I thought I needed to finish her costume and I told him I could stitch it up and be done within a couple of hours...well, nearly 8 hours later, two trips to JoAnn's and practically an all-nighter (with Maya I might add) I finally finished her costume. I am happy to report that it actually turned out OK and she sure looks cute in it! Syd and Zach just got the store bought costumes this year (much cheaper and a lot less headache) and look darling as well! Gotta love Halloween! I'll just be glad once the candy is out of the house...i think part of my headache is related to an increase in my sugar intake!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is so cute! I had no idea you were such a good seamstress. I got a pattern online for a jedi robe and bought some fabric but..let's just say he's a fighter pilot instead (courtesy of Wal-Mart). I hear ya about the candy thing. I just pop a piece in every time the old blood sugar drops a little. I can't wait till January when it finally starts trickling out of the house :)
Oh they look so adorable! YOU GO GIRL! I wish I could sew. Can't even do a button. Someday I'll be like you!
Miss you.
It turned out soo cute! It looks quite extensive though....I can't believe you even took that one on! Props to you! Hopefully we can chat tomorrow!
So adorable. They must have had so much fun.
They look darling! So excited that you have a blog too. It is a great way to stay up on what is going on with people. Miss you guys!
WOW Kel, see what talents we get as moms! They both were adorable!
Hi everybody,
Can somebody suggest me a better online shopping website where I can purchase affordable Halloween Costumes. However, I searched the web and find the resources i.e.
http://www.topestore.com
http://www.latest-beauty-tips.com
http://www.safeshoppe.com
where the prices are compartively low.
Please suggest if you have some other better resources.
Dazy Smith
Post a Comment