Saturday, September 20, 2008
The Happiest Place On Earth!!!
We finally went on our much anticipated trip to Disneyland...we've had it planned & booked since March 2008 (one month after my parents returned from their mission). We (Wayne, Kelly, Maya, Sydney, Zachary, Grandma & Grandpa) made the 7-hour drive on Sunday, spent Monday & Tuesday at the parks (Disneyland & California Adventure) and returned home on Wednesday. The kids did exceptionally well on the ride...we only had a handful of are-we-almost-there-yet's!? It was HOT (mid 90's) the two days we were at the parks, but SOOO much fun!! We had lunch with princesses (even convinced Zach to take photos with them) and got to see some of our favorite Disney characters, rode lots of rides (the girls' favorite was Space Mountain), visited with our dear friends Tommy & Kellee, cooled off on Splash Mountian & Grizzly Run, ate lots of snacks, swam in the hotel pool (always a highlight for the kids), enjoyed our daily free breakfast buffet (HIGHLY Recommend the Marriott Residence Inn @ Maingate), and had a fantastically exhausting time!! On our way home, we stopped in LA at the American Girl Place (one of only three in the U.S. -- New York, Chicago & LA) where we (Grandma, girls and I) enjoyed a delicious lunch, got hair makeovers for the girls' dolls, and did a little shopping in the two-story doll/clothes/accessory filled store!! A priceless experience for two litle girls who love their American Girl dolls! Well worth it! So, it was a GREAT trip! Wonderful to get away with the family & a special treat to have Grandma & Grandpa with us!!









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You are SOOOO cute! Happy memories I know :)
What a fun trip! Your kids are so cute!
What a fantastic trip! We've never taken the boys to Disneyland (I've never been either) and I am sure they'll want to skip the princesses, but after these pics, I have to see them = ) Hopefully, I'll have a girl by then to take to the doll place, too.
Where did your parents go on their mission? Welcome home!
Isn't Disneyland AWESOME?! We loved it and are thinking about doing a trip every year. And how cool to go to the American Girl store. I'd forgotten that they have one in L.A.
What a fun trip!! I love having a girl and am so excited to do the fun girly things with her. When we were in New York at the beginning of the year I almost went to the American Girl store all by myself. It looks like so much fun. I'm glad you guys had a great trip!
How FUN!!
yay, a girl!! we are going to d-land for halloween this year, hannah was looking at these pictures and was missing sydney. we still have your white leggings, so we will have to get together so i can give them back.
Looks like so much fun! The American Girl shop looks like a place Ciera & I need to visit.
Oh I am so jealous you went to Disneyland. I REALLY want to go again. I used to go every year. Now, it's been a few years since I've been. I need to go back!
Post a Comment